· No consumption or possession of alcoholic beverages
· No glass containers
· No open fires or possession of fireworks. Click here for Fireworks Safety flyer
· No camping or overnight parking
· No vehicles or bicycles, except for wheelchairs, on beach
· No launching watercraft from beach or in designated swim areas, except surfboards, sailboats, catamarans and kayaks
· No throwing games or propelled objects, including balls, stones, arrows, javelins, or model airplanes except in areas set apart for such forms of recreation.
· No horseback riding
· No littering. Where receptacles are not provided, all refuse and trash must be carried away from the beach by the person responsible for its presence, and properly disposed of elsewhere.
· No plastic bags
· No disturbing or feeding wildlife
· No lights, unattended chairs and cabanas, screens, umbrellas, between sunset and sunrise during turtle nesting season between May 1 and October 31
· No removal of natural resources
· No disorderly conduct or public nudity
· No fishing from jetty or in swim areas
· No pets allowed, except service dogs (Palma Sola Causeway Park & Bayfront Park does allow dogs)
· No vending/concessions without proper authorization
· No assembly without a permit
In addition, any items or temporary structures, including but not limited to screen rooms, beach chairs, umbrellas and cabanas, which have the potential for entrapment of sea turtles and which may interfere with the use of the natural beach environment for nesting must be removed from the beach nightly by the owner of the property upon which the item or temporary structure is located. If the item or temporary structure is not located on private property, it may be removed. WE LOVE OUR TURTLES ON AMI! Help us protect them!
Keep in mind some special rules may apply at the county public beach parks — Anna Maria Bayfront Park, Coquina Bayside Park, Coquina Gulfside Park and Manatee Beach Park — where there are facilities and areas zoned for specific uses and lifeguards.
Be sure to check out beach access points map below!
Click to learn more about our beloved sea turtles or even find out how to a adopt a nest!
Click to find out the latest beach conditions including water temperature and tide reports!
Click to check the latest tide tables times and fishing forecast for the island and surrounding areas!
Live Beach Cam
Click to view the LIVE Beach Cam from our friends over at the Beach Bistro!