We understand your pets are part of the family so don’t expect you to leave them at home while you and your family have fun! Anna Maria Island does not have any pet-friendly beaches, but there are plenty of other options for you and your pet to enjoy the island and surrounding areas!
Many restaurants on the island are pet friendly at their outside tables. Here are some just to name a few…
Our favorites: Ugly Grouper, Bridgetender Inn Dockside Bar, Skinny’s, Waterfront Restaurant (outside only), Ginny & Jane E’s (outside only), Blue Marlin’s Trap Yard (outside only), Slim’s Place.
Some other options…. Harry’s Grill (outside only), Poppo’s Taqueria, The Donut Experiment, Vinny & Cheryl’s Italian Restaurant, Freckled Fin (outside only), Joe’s Eats & Sweets
Be sure to check out the pet friendly park on the island… Dog Park in the city of Holmes Beach
The pet-friendly beach near the island is a short 5 minute drive off the island at Palma Sola Causeway Park on Palma Sola Bay. You pass this beach when coming onto the island via Manatee Avenue or State Route 64. Here your pup can splash around on the beach and in the water!
There are a couple spots off the island for your pet to have some fun as well! Located just in town about 10-15 minutes off the island at GT Bray Park and Robinson Preserve. Or check out the pet-friendly shopping center, St. Armand’s Circle, or Bayfront Park/Marina in nearby Sarasota.
Furry family members are welcome in our pet friendly units under the following conditions:
A maximum of 2 dogs are allowed in pet friendly homes ONLY if they comply with specifications listed on Pet Policy, with manager/owner approval, and payment of pet fee. In the event that the renter brings a pet without obtaining authorization the owner and Once Upon A Beach reserves the right to terminate the rental agreement immediately without refund or responsible for providing lodging elsewhere or if exception made a $500 surcharge plus $200 pet fee for each pet may be charged.
Non-pet friendly properties indicate that the Owner does not allow animals in their home. Many times, this is due to severe allergies, asthma, or other medical conditions that could be affected by their presence, even after the fact. For those guests with service animals, we ask that you please assist us in this manner and choose one of the many pet friendly rentals within our inventory so that we can comply with the Owner’s request. Please note that in some cases, this may be a preference by the Owner, and while they may not allow outside pets, they may take their own pets to the home. Guests with severe pet allergy issues should be alerted that even in a non pet friendly home that a pet (whether by owner use or service dog use) at some time may have entered or resided on the premises.
Service animals (trained to assist an individual with a disability) are permitted as required by ADA guidelines in all vacation rental homes regardless of pet policy without exception. If a service dog is accompanying you, while not required to do so, we do request you notify us of the presence of a service dog, so it can be properly noted on your reservation and there are no issues during your stay. Please note in the state of Florida, emotional support dogs are not required to be allowed in non pet friendly homes and must abide by all pet policies set forth.
Pet Criteria/Pet Fee (with exception to service dogs)
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee in the amount of $100-$200 pet fee (at discretion of manager based on length of stay). Only pets allowed are dogs and/or hypoallergenic dogs only. No exceptions.
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
May not have more than 2 pets AT ANY TIME in property
Each pet may not exceed 65 lbs.
Each pet must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
Each pet must be spayed or neutered.
Each pet must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations.
May not have been known to have bitten anyone where the injury required medical attention
Any purebred or crossbred dog comprised of any of the following breeds:
Husky-type (including Siberian breeds),
Any Wolf-dog hybrid,
3. All pets must be leashed at all times when in outdoor areas in outdoor areas and are not allowed in shared guest areas (if any).
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse and following all city ordinances. FAILURE TO CLEAN UP DOG WASTE WILL RESULT IN A FINE OF $250 IF FOUND OUTDOORS AND $500 IF FOUND INDOORS.
5. Pets are not allowed in pool or on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture or in pool may incur extra cleaning fees.
4. All pets are to be treated with a flea and tick repellent seven (7) days prior to arrival.
5. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be charged.
6. Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Violation of noise levels or guest complaints can result in potential eviction. Guests must allow staff or service personnel entry to home or yard area to perform duties. As a reminder, dogs who are listed as service animals who bark, cause excessive noise, or poise a threat to staff or others will be considered an unauthorized pet in violation of the pet policy.
7. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch. If left home alone, dogs must be crated or confined to a space/room and not be left to roam around home. As a reminder, dogs who are listed as service animals are not permitted to be left at home unattended as they must be under your control at all times in order to be allowed to accompany a person. If a dog reported as a service dog is found on the premises alone, this will be considered an unauthorized pet in violation of the pet policy.
8. Homeowner assumes no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises. The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
"All of our homes are licensed and meet the requirements of the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation Division of Hotels and Restaurants. The information provided online, though deemed accurate is not guaranteed. It is subject to errors, omissions, change of price or withdrawal without notice."